Women's Only Spring Competition for 2019
The MPB Inc. are committed to improving female participation in bowls and the following spring competition would hopefully see an improved number of women playing the sport.
“WOMEN’S ONLY PRE-SEASON COMPETITION TRIPLES” 2019
We invite all clubs to enter a side for “Women’s Only Triples” club/composite competition which will commence on 17th September 2019.
• South competition will be on Tuesday x 5 weeks
• North competition will be on Wednesday x 5 weeks
• Competition will be known as “Quick Chicks”
• Each side comprises three (3) rinks of three (3) players
• Three (3) games of eight (8) ends with each of the players playing in a different position in each game!
• Composite teams can be entered.
• Competition commences 17 September 2019
• Final 22nd October 2019 whereby top two (2) will play off for premiership
• Start time -10.15 am
• Game fees $7.00
▪ Games will be played at Hub venues on a rotating basis.
▪ Unaffiliated players can play!
▪ Clubs tops need to be worn or specially designed tops can be created for this competition.
• Reporting of games will be as per normal match day procedure and scores and premiership tables will be published on the MPB website and Facebook pages.
TEAM ENTRIES-email MPB Match – firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 Aug, ’19 – All team entries to include a statement from Club President/Secretary stating that the club members are in favour of a Women’s Only competition.
The MPB Inc. are a pro-active board and are open to all new incentives to increase the participation in the sport of Lawn Bowls!